Monday, June 29, 2009

TWBA


For my blog assignment over at The Dressing Room, a list of my favorite books! I do love to read. In fact, I sometimes have a hard time deciding whether to read or sew when I have a few minutes to myself. And I'm totally intrigued by the Kindle, but too cheap to buy one. Here is my spur-of-the-moment list o' favorites. It's got a little bit of everything.

The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas (so complex and perfect, my absolute favorite)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo (heartbreaking and beautiful)
Sheep on a Ship, by Nancy E. Shaw (just plain fun)
Hippos Go Berserk, by Sandra Boynton (best counting book we have)
The Horatio Hornblower series by C. S. Forester
The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman (super, super useful stuff)
Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand (This one kept me up for hours, way past my bedtime)
The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas
Eats, Shoots & Leaves, by Lynne Truss (This book gave creedence to the part of me that screams when I see a misplaced apostrophe at the grocery store...)


That's it for today's peek into my brain. Now I have to go make dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you have lots on here that have been on my "must read" list, but I haven't gotten to them yet. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Eats, Shoots & Leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete