Saturday, April 11, 2009

Just what the world needs


A new blog! Yay!!!

Okay, I decided to put this up to have a place to boast of my crafty accomplishments, whine about my misadventures, and probably throw in a bit about cooking (cause that is a craft, too).

I'll start with my kids' Easter outfits. I made my daughter's dress from a crazy man's shirt (meaning the shirt was crazy...although the owner may have been as well) from the Goodwill. I fell in love with the paisley- enough to pay $7 for the shirt, which is highway robbery at the Goodwill. I used this tute for the inspiration, but since this was a long sleeved shirt, I had plenty of fabric to work with, and was able to cut an actual bodice. I just love it.

For my son, a new bowling shirt in a soft homespun, springy plaid. I did not match the plaid, but am very pleased with it. I highly recommend this pattern for anyone with little kids and moderate sewing skills. It looks so professional and neat. I think I've made 10 (!) so far.




And as a bonus, a tiny Easter basket for the baby, since he is too small for a full sized basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment