Thursday, November 4, 2010

Been way too long...



Ok. I was just reading somewhere that November is "National Blog Posting Month" and I *remembered* that I have one. And I have been doing some awesome sewing lately! So I'm going to try to catch up a bit....

I'll start with this quilt. It's a string quilt, and I only purchased the white kona cotton for the middle strings. Everything else came from my stash, except for a few of the oranges, which were donated by my lovely friend Leigh of Sleepytime Sewing. Thanks, Leigh!
Anyhow, I started this about a year ago. It is twin size and for my daughter, who, unbelievably, is 5 now and has never had her very own full size bed quilt. I can't decide what kind of borders to use. I'm thinking a widish white border, then something colorful for the binding. Ideas?
I have another one started for my boy. It is in darker, more manly colors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment