Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One finished, one just getting started





I recently finished a table runner that I just adore. I think it clashes with the quilt on the wall, but I don't even care. I love how vibrant it is, sunny and happy to look at. And cute with pumpkins.





And then there's this one.
I started this little lap quilt over three years ago, for my sister's wedding. She's now celebrated her third anniversary and had her first child. I thought it was high time I get this done. I made the quilt sandwich and started machine quilting it yesterday. I got through about two blocks' worth, decided it looked crummy, and pulled it out.
Hand quilting it is! Chances of it looking great: 200% better! Probability that it takes about 19 times longer than planned: IT IS CERTAIN. But I love it so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment